It’s Monday morning and you open your email inbox after a weekend of not checking it. You discover to your horror that there are now over 100 emails waiting for you to read. You start by deleting all the marketing emails. Stop. You send out marketing emails. How do you make sure that your emails are not in the list of Automatic deletes on Monday morning? Welcome to Email Marketing 101 from Social Marketing Business Solutions.
Where we used to stop by our trash can when coming in from the mailbox to get rid of all the ‘flyers’ we received in the mail, now we find them in our in-box. So the question becomes how do you make your marketing email stand out from the rest? What do you offer or say that will compel your customers to open, read, and respond to your email instead of deleting it? Social Marketing Business Solutions has consolidated a list of tips from several top marketing gurus.
- Subject Line – The first thing your customer will see is your subject line.
- Make sure that it is compelling enough to induce them to open the email.
- Be careful to be honest in your statements in the subject line.
- Make it short and sweet.
- Make it informative.
- Personalize – Use their name in the greeting. It is easy to have your customers become ‘just another number’. Make sure to personalize your emails so they will feel that you are talking to them and not just to the masses.
- Content – We can never emphasize enough the importance of the content in your marketing email. What service/product are you going to emphasize in your email? Make sure it is in the first paragraph.
- Frequency – Don’t overwhelm your customers with daily emails. We are all busy. Give them the option to choose how often and when they want to receive an email from your company.
- Call to action – Give your customers a reason to respond and then tell them how to respond. Most people appreciate straight forward offers and suggestions of how to follow up on your email.
One of the best ways to implement all these steps is by using a dedicated email marketing program. There are many out there that offer good programs. Contact us via our Facebook page or leave a comment below, and let us help you set up an email marketing campaign that will work for you and your customers.