With Email scams now showing up on Facebook we thought it might not hurt to remind you how to spot an email scam whether it shows up in your Facebook message box, or your email inbox. Read on to find 5 easy tips to help you navigate your inbox.
- Personal Information – Legitimate companies will not ask you to give them personal information via email. It is one of the most common methods for getting your information for scammers
- Email Attachments – be very careful of links and attachments that you are not expecting. Beware of attachments ending with .pif or .scr, as these are always scams.
- Sweepstakes – unless you remember physically entering your name in a sweepstake, these are usually scams.
- Website Links – always go to the website yourself to make sure that you are not being re-directed to a fake site.
- Spelling and Grammatical Errors – although no one is perfect, usually a company will make sure that its communication is free of grammar and spelling errors.
At Social Marketing Business Solutions we work hard to keep your Social Media Campaigns and Newsletters scam free. Contact us to help you with designing an email marketing campaign that your customers look forward to opening.